Richard & Linda Mose Meadows

Richard & Linda Mose Meadows
Pastor, Pastoral Counselor and Chaplain

A Tough Crowd


Mark 6:2 "Where did this man get these things?" they asked. "What's this wisdom that has been given him that he even does miracles! 3Isn't this the carpenter? Isn't this Mary's son and the brother of James, Joseph,[a] Judas and Simon? Aren't his sisters here with us?" And they took offense at him. 4Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor." 5He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6And he was amazed at their lack of faith.

Let me tell you what is amazing to me. It is the people I come into contact with on a daily basis that I do not know personally. I was in a crowd in Richmond (where I work) yesterday and knew no one. I live in Newport News and many times we go somewhere and I know any one, but when I go home, oh the joy. There I am Rickey, my friends love me, my enemies hate me and strangers ask for money. I hang out with the unelected mayor of the day at GiGi’s Restaurant listening to the latest debates. I take long walks and even sometimes catch the bus for the heck of it. I am honored at home and they love to see me coming. I call it “my comfort zone.”

So what do I interpret my life’s destiny as God has spoken to me? That’s right I moved to Virginia. It’s here that my wife and I have done our best work. Many times I challenge Linda and say “you wouldn’t have written your book back in Buffalo.” I remind her we are on a mission, one to please our God. We serve this God who does heal and provide miracles to many around us. It is amazing we are a part of this big move in this new millennium.

God ahead stretch out, reach forward, move ahead, forge a new path, and decide at the crossroads which new path you will chose. God wants to or is stretching you by moving you into new arenas and onto new territories so that your purpose becomes magnanimous instead of the inconsequential. Your home is not where others will benefit from your dreams and vision. Your home is your hangout and where you are now is your field,

My words to you this morning “don’t be afraid.” Don’t be afraid to explore this new field God has assigned to you. Go to every corner and see what awaits you. Go into the tough places and introduce your self to the hurting strangers all around you. Touch and feel the terrain, become familiar with the faces and mention how great a day this is. They need a miracle and your touch, your smile or your ways may be their miracle.
Courtney Dion Meadows Born 5/9/1983 - Heaven Date 5/2/2005 "My Friend Lives" I desired Peace in the Process and I arrived at Justice. I pray for his shooter...May God give him peace.

Contact Me:

  • RDMeadowsJr@Hotmail.com