Richard & Linda Mose Meadows

Richard & Linda Mose Meadows
Pastor, Pastoral Counselor and Chaplain

I'm Moving...


Mark 15:25It was the third hour when they crucified him. 26The written notice of the charge against him read: THE KING OF THE JEWS. 27They crucified two robbers with him, one on his right and one on his left.[a] 29Those who passed by hurled insults at him, shaking their heads and saying, "So! You who are going to destroy the temple and build it in three days, 30come down from the cross and save yourself!"


Soon it will be the third hour and today I grieve for my Friend Jesus. I did not know him before the crucifixion but he has grown to be my connector to his Father, Elohim God. Grieving is new for me because in past years I stoically celebrated “Good Friday.” I have gone to preaching services where there are seven full length sermons and listened to some dynamic preaching on the Seven Last Words Jesus spoke from the cross: Mark’s gospel only mentions one: And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"— which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” This year I have made it a floating holiday.


I have grown up from my youth with Jesus as friend and each year we have come to this point the season of Easter. However, Easter isn't a Christian or directly biblical term, but comes from a form of the name Astarte, a Chaldean (Babylonian) goddess known as "the queen of heaven." She is mentioned by that title in the Bible by the Hebrew form of her name, Ashtoreth. So "Easter" is found in the Bible. http://www.gnmagazine.org/issues/gn63/easter.htm
Last night I heard the most wonderful sermon on the Passover, and then it clicked the Old Testament version of the Passover is what I am really remembering. Tonight I will eat the unleavened bread and the roasted lamb in a more bite sized portion chop or shank. Come Sunday there will be no Easter but the great celebration of the Resurrection. But tonight I am going to remember the Passover and the Paschal Lamb they ate quickly because it was time to move from Egypt to safety.


I am moving from my old house of slavery and oppression to now at this stage of my life to the Promised Land. I am thinking forward movement away from my old ways of thinking and the slavery and bondage to my own poor thoughts and ideas. I’ve been enslaved by my own sins and (self) misinterpreted and misguided notions. I have to eat get up and prepare this year for my redeemer has gone to the room, eaten, declared his betrayer and come out to take an ass whipping for me. So how can I repay him, keep on celebrating Easter or move when God says move?


The old song says “I’m moving from my old house and my old ways to a brand new life.” This Passover I may not get far but I’m moving. No new clothes, no new shoes, but I am tying up my necessities, leaving some stuff for the new slaves that will occupy my old house and it may take forty years but I am bound for the Promise Land.


I owe that to my friend who each year has gotten up on the cross and died for me. Actually it was once but you know how we remember stuff and hash it over. No, this year I am remembering the Passover-Paschal Lamb and preparing my heart for the new territory and life ahead. The one not predicated on the crucifixion but on the promises of life without oppression. Away from self, degradation, self oppression, self pity, self annihilation and self deprivation. I am going to eat, live, walk, run, speak, think believe and exhibit a better life, one worthy of my Friend who gave so much. Peace and Love.


Courtney Dion Meadows Born 5/9/1983 - Heaven Date 5/2/2005 "My Friend Lives" I desired Peace in the Process and I arrived at Justice. I pray for his shooter...May God give him peace.

Contact Me:

  • RDMeadowsJr@Hotmail.com