Richard & Linda Mose Meadows

Richard & Linda Mose Meadows
Pastor, Pastoral Counselor and Chaplain

Freedom and Faith


Mark 5:32 But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. 33Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. 34He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.
"Liberation is hard to come by, think about it. We are burdened and “slaves” to our lives.
I thought about it yesterday. I drove to the store, purchased a lawn mower, came home and thank heaven I did not have to assemble it. Removed it from the box, cut the grass, planted more flowers, edged the lawn, and swept up the residue. I work forty hours per week, plus extra when needed, get paid and pay it out. This cycle is called living life and take it from me I am not complaining. I enjoy my lawn, flowers and home. If that was all I had to be concerned about it would be nice.


Part of life’s journey includes coming in contact with people just like the woman Jesus met. Women and men with stories filled with sadness and tragedies. They live in fear and some have issues in their lives that have gone on for decades, they have carried their burdens and they live in bondage.On my best day I am alert and notice them and if possible I speak the words “your faith will free you.” Faith is powerful, especially when I exercise it my self. I begin to believe that “things” will get better. I must tell myself the tragic stories in my life will not dominate my conscious and unconscious mind.


My faith keeps me from living in the type of fear that paralyses and debilitates me. There is Hebrews definition of faith and then there is mine which is Faith is the overpowering source beyond human understanding which can allow me to overcome any of life’s fears and failures. When I am afraid: faith. When I am alone: faith. When I feel discouraged: faith. Faith enable me to overpower and take authority of my issues. Sure they are still there the issues and the people but I am now being conditioned to work through them.


The woman who approached Jesus, remember she overpowered the crowd, even in her weakened state and touched Jesus. My point is let people approach you, allow your gifts and life giving power to flow from you so that others may be free. When you touch someone this day, it will be different.
Courtney Dion Meadows Born 5/9/1983 - Heaven Date 5/2/2005 "My Friend Lives" I desired Peace in the Process and I arrived at Justice. I pray for his shooter...May God give him peace.

Contact Me:

  • RDMeadowsJr@Hotmail.com