Richard & Linda Mose Meadows

Richard & Linda Mose Meadows
Pastor, Pastoral Counselor and Chaplain

1 Peter 3:4 But [let it be] the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, [even the ornament] of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

I would be mistaken if I knew everything Jesus, The Word, my mother and spiritual advisors were talking about. Many times words that are said to me have to be fleshed out. The old ancestors would say “just keep on living.” They have to run their course and then we begin to understand. I am quite sure the followers of Jesus would sometimes say, “huh?” and “Does anybody know what he just said?” Is it because we really don’t understand or is it, we having a hard time digesting their words? It could be either/or and both/and. I don’t know about you, but I am wired that way. Sometimes stuff and words lands on me contrary to what I want. That means at times I am conflicted and you may be too.

Today would be a good day to quiet myself and listen to the day. I am off from work and I will be visiting some folks who don’t get out much. That is going to be good for someone who is self described as “over-stimulated.” Our not being able to understand or Jesus saying to his followers, “I want you to understand what I am saying, so I am going to liken the Kingdom of God to a mustard seed.” It is small and it is to be planted and it will grow and will need nurturing to become what it can be, a place of refuge for the many that will come to it. The seed doesn’t proclaim how great it is, it just is.

For someone like myself who has been told to be quiet that may be difficult, but to be quiet, grow and just be, may be a new formula that will work. I am tired of trying to keep up, pull, convince, explain, make sure, misunderstanding, convincing, tracking, making, creating and proving myself.
Someone asked Mother Teresa what she was going to do when she was no longer Mother General any more. She answered in the book, The Joy of Loving A Guide to Daily Living with Mother Teresa, “I am first class at cleaning toilets and drains. It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing,” I translate what she says as it doesn’t take a lot of talking but doing with love.

When I am quiet some people have a problem, when I talk too much some people people have a problem so why don't I just be quiet and let God work it out. “I am going to preach the gospel and use words only when necessary,” St. Francis of Assisi.
Courtney Dion Meadows Born 5/9/1983 - Heaven Date 5/2/2005 "My Friend Lives" I desired Peace in the Process and I arrived at Justice. I pray for his shooter...May God give him peace.

Contact Me:

  • RDMeadowsJr@Hotmail.com