Richard & Linda Mose Meadows

Richard & Linda Mose Meadows
Pastor, Pastoral Counselor and Chaplain

Go Lightly…




I know for some of us go lightly has a different meaning. That is definitely an inside joke. I have no clue as why Jesus would send the Twelve to be so dependent upon others for their sustenance, except it means they were independent. If you or I left town like that is would be a challenge. But I understand the spiritual context, the old folks used to say “Honey wear this world like a loose garment.” So I will go with what I know.

In my work with others I have learned to clear my mind. I leave many of my assumptions at the door. Even as we talk and work together I have to keep my mind clear so that I can hear what it is that is being said to me. It is easy for me to hear one thing when the other person has said something entirely different. When I am not bogged down in my mind and carrying a lot of mental baggage I do my best work. When I am not concerned with what I am wearing, or what I am going to say I feel lighter. I have found to have power over a lot of stuff you can not be connected with it.

Example; if I don’t worry over the economy I can help others who are in economic distress. If I agree with them and commiserate then I lose my power to effectively minister to their need. I empathize which is a gift for me and I am able to help them to muddle /scrum through their issues. The great part is many times I help myself and I feel better.

Finally what do I do with the stuff I have left behind? I go back and get it, fold it up neatly and package it for incineration. I used to leave it there and on my way back through life I would trip over it or find myself rummaging through it. Start light and finish light. We accumulate too many thoughts and issues and carry them during our entire lives. They only make us irrelevant and ineffective. “This world is not my home I am travelin’ through.” Go Lightly.
Courtney Dion Meadows Born 5/9/1983 - Heaven Date 5/2/2005 "My Friend Lives" I desired Peace in the Process and I arrived at Justice. I pray for his shooter...May God give him peace.

Contact Me:

  • RDMeadowsJr@Hotmail.com