Richard & Linda Mose Meadows

Richard & Linda Mose Meadows
Pastor, Pastoral Counselor and Chaplain

Just When You Thought You'd Be Discouraged

Our lives are complex and distinct. Yet one thing we have in common is that no one is exempt from discouragement. Discouragement is strange because it is both acute and chronic; acute is it comes and goes and chronic if we are in a long-term funk. Long term sometimes because the discouraging acts come in waves and acute because we can bounce back quickly. I like to think that the bouncy way is better.

I was taken for a real ride at the end of this past year and what happened was a sucker punch from left field. Whenever you don’t see it coming it’s a sucker punch. The story is long and boring, and I don’t have enough GBs to tell you, so I will not. Plus it’s not what I want to focus on. The conversation I want to have is about just when you think you’d be (chronically) discouraged something happens. Just as the heavens, angelic beings, shepherds, men from the east and the Holy Spirit came together to bring love down at Christmas time, the Trinity comes together to tell you don’t fear, heaven is on your side.

The real issue is will you allow the events of the past year to immobilize your functioning in the coming months. Will you succumb to the obvious which is discouragement or will you take the lessons learned, relationships fractured, love lost, and disrespect or just down right unlovable folks remaining unlovable to restore you to a state of illumined enlightenment? The other option is to as Jill would say identify the absence of love, institute it and make it easier for God to move on your behalf. Sounds like the latter will work for me. I’m so in tuned to the God Atmosphere that I know by allowing the IE to happen somebody is going to be encouraged. I have had to teach on love for the past few weeks on the radio show Liberating Truth and realizing I must practice what I preach. It’s easy for me to do it because too much of my well being is tied to the fact that I refuse to remain discouraged.

So quickly review:
1.) Stuff is going to happen to us
       2.) God knows
             3.) It’s up to you how long you remain discouraged
                   4.) The discouragement becomes a place of renewal

I have walked on the beach, watched a couple sunsets, walked a labyrinth, went to see Les Miserables twice, read a couple books got a great team of supporters. I am planning the next steps because on each of these paths God is with me. Believeth thou this?




Courtney Dion Meadows Born 5/9/1983 - Heaven Date 5/2/2005 "My Friend Lives" I desired Peace in the Process and I arrived at Justice. I pray for his shooter...May God give him peace.

Contact Me:

  • RDMeadowsJr@Hotmail.com